[Samba] Sama and tdb files

Dracula countofdracula at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 08:50:02 GMT 2006

Hi, I have a cluster RedHat composed of two nodes RH AS 4.0 upd2 with
the cluster suite. On those nodes I have installed the Samba suite
"samba-3.0.10-1.4E.2". Reading the chapter 39 "Samba performance tuning"
I found a node regarding files *.tdb. The note is explaining only
performance problems, removing *.tdb. I would like to have more
informations for example: 1. when perform a tdbbackup 2. when perform a
rm *.tdb 3. what happens to samba cfg when performing steps 1/2 (just
stop/start samba or also reconfigure connection to domain??) 4. when is
suggested to do it 5. how can I see that the tdbbackup/rm is needed ?

Regards

Thanks

Komal