[Samba] Samba Posix ACL and classical files permissions

Albe k3rmit at libero.it
Wed Jan 4 23:41:03 GMT 2006

With "no ACL present" i meant that no acl entries are stored for that
directory (besides the normal posix triade).

Just the three classical POSIX entries. This is the normal case for
newly created directory under linux samba host, for example.

Anyway, to make it short, what's the point of showing three empty
entries under windows security panel (when those entries do have
permissions set)?
i just wondered why it has to be like this since i find it very
counterintuitive to the user.
It should just be like: if a permission entry (of any nature) does
exist and has a meaning, list it and show the right flags; otherwise
do not list them.
What is shown in the security panel should have a precise meaning in
terms of coherency with the file or directory permissions and user
interface.

I hope to have explained myself better.

Albe