[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 and W2k3 Server

Brian brian at nutthouse.org
Wed Jan 4 16:49:45 GMT 2006

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a few
servers setup with samba 3.0.10 and recently the Windows servers have been
upgraded to W2K3. The problem that I am having is since the upgrade users
without accounts that are in both windows and ldap, cannot access the
samba servers. The windows servers are the only servers that have been
updated/changed since the problem started.  When trying to connect it will
continuously ask for the UN/PW over and over. Currently we would prefer
not to setup Kerbose on the systems. As I have found on google many people
have gone around the problem by setting this up. I have tried adding users
to the smbusers file in both of these formats with no change.
root = administrator
     &
root = [DOMAIN]\administrator
getent passwd command will give me a list of all users on the domain
currently.

If anyone can give me a idea here or a link to some documentation that
covers what I am trying to get setup that would be perfect.

--
Is this thing on!?