[Samba] Samba works only with ROOT & Samba Client can't access Windows XP Shares

Matthew Easton v-vi at trugschluss.org
Wed Jan 4 02:56:36 GMT 2006

Perhaps the problem is that samba doesn't know about the ordinary
user accounts?

At the command line on the samba server, you may add an account to
samba with:

	smbpasswd -a your_unix_account_name

You will be prompted for a password twice.

If that isn't the issue, then I would expect that problem is that
your ordinary user isn't a member of whatever group has permission to
access the share.