[Samba] 64 bit installable samba for HP-UX 11.11

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Wed Jan 4 00:33:15 GMT 2006

Shashidhar, SR wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> !!!! Happy New Year 2006 !!!!!
>
> Currently we are using TAS as an interop tool to access the UNIX file
> systems on to windows platforms. For some performance/licenses issues,
> we would like to migrate to SAMBA now.
>
> Our Unix file system is available on HP N-class server running HP-UX
> 11.11 and our requirement is to install samba on this OS with 64bit
> support. I searched on samba site and also at other sites as well, and
> couldn't find the SAMBA installable for this OS. Is anyone using 64bit
> samba on HP-UX ?
>
> Can anyone help me on this issue pl.
>
> With Kind Regards,
> Shashi.

CIFS/Samba for HP-UX is compiled for 64-bit compatibility, but it is not
instrumented for 64-bit.  You can go to:

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B8725AA

and download the latest HP CIFS Server (Samba 3.0.14a) for 11iv1 64-bit
(for free).  Or you can go to samba.org and download the pre-compiled
Opensource binaries for 3.0.20a.

If you have any questions about this, email me off-list.

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard