[Samba] SAMBA write error on SUSE 10.0

Al Active LLLActive at GMX.Net
Tue Jan 3 16:11:23 GMT 2006

Hi Lars,

> The more or less usual version update as you already mentioned.

See below

> What filesystem are you using?

reiserfs

> And which mount options are active?  Type mount to display them.

only (rw)

> See /usr/share/samba/swat/help/  welcome-no-samba-doc.html is shown if
> welcome.html isn't installed and welcome.html and the other
> documentation files are packaged in the samba-doc subpackage.

I noticed there was no update of the samba document package with the YOU
update.
It is still V 3.0.20-4, all others are updated to 3.0.20b-3.1-SUSE (or
its latest version).
[Yast2-samba-client & Yast2-samba-server are also not upgraded]

The welcome.html does exist in file:///usr/share/samba and can be
started in a browser.
The welcome-no-samba-doc does not come up in the swat page, but only if
accessed like the welcome.html in a browser.

>From the file:///usr/share/samba/welcome.html in a browser,
file:///swat/help/manpages/smbd.8.html
for the smbd daemon option also delivers an error as above, assuming its
place as file:///swat/help/manpages.

> > [data]
> > 	comment = All Users
> > 	path = /home/user1/Samba/Export/Data
> > 	read only = No
> > 	inherit permissions = Yes
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Remove this ...

OK

> > 	inherit acls = Yes
>
> ... as you have inherit acls which is what you want.
>
> > [homes]
> > 	comment = Home Directories
> > 	valid users = %S
> > 	read only = No
> > 	inherit acls = Yes
> > 	browseable = No
>
> That looks fine.
>
> Can you please test your setup with the 3.0.21a packages from
> ftp.SuSE.com/pub/projects/samba/3.0/ or
> download.Samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/SuSE/3.0/

I'l have to try it next.

> and file a defect
> at bugzilla.Samba.org or bugzilla.Novell.com and asssign the bug to
> lmuelle @ Samba.org or SuSE.de

:-)
Al