[Samba] How to see loging of the user

Sebastian Held sebastian.held at gmx.de
Tue Jan 3 15:59:36 GMT 2006

Am Dienstag, 3. Januar 2006 16:05 schrieb Patrick DUBAU:
> 3 : doing  dpkg -l | grep sysvi
> gives  : ii  sysvinit       2.86.ds1-1     System-V like ini
> that's good but how do i use it ? No man, no command.
> Can you give me a help about it ?

You're using debian I think. For the patch too do anything useful you need
the development package for sysvinit (should be called sysvinit-dev.deb I
think). Additionally you need the full devel toolchain including gcc the
compiler, patch and so on.
Now extract the sysvinit-dev.deb file (do not know how to do it on debian
maybe try midnight commander mc). You got a tar-ball or direct the needed
directory structure with the src folder.
Go into this src folder put my patch file (last.patch) in it and execute:
patch < last.patch
this command responds with:
patching file last.c
And finally you can type:
make last
which in turn responds with:
gcc -Wall -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o last.o last.c
gcc -s -o last last.o

And, voila! you have a new executeable "last".

br,
Sebastian