[Samba] Samba 3 as PDC and a Windows 2000 Server for RIS

Michael Billerbeck billerbeck at adesso.de
Tue Jan 3 14:36:05 GMT 2006

Hello,

I would like to install a Windows 2000 Server and configure it with RIS
(remote installation services).
The server is in a domain where a Samba 3 server, a machine with SuSE Linux
and Samba 3.0.20b-3.4-SUSE, plays the PDC role. The PDC works well.
When I try to configure RIS in the application wizard (appwiz.cpl) of that
Windows 2000 Server machine, it tells me that the setup for RIS can't find
any information from the domain controller, there seem to be no domain
controller, the current user has now access rights for the domain or the
computer is no member server in the domain. Anybody who knows the problem
and a solution, please? Thanks in advance,

Michael