[Samba] Windows ACL modify ability?

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Tue Jan 3 14:33:14 GMT 2006

wel, is there in  /boot a config-xxxx file

open it with you favorite editor,
search for XATTR or POSIX_CAL

if set M its possible you still have to load the modules
if set Y its in kernel, then kernel is ok.

check you fstab
i added for /home only the acl and EA.
like this.

dev/sda12      /home   ext3    defaults,acl,user_xattr         0       2

if there is no acl,user_xattr
then there is no windows rights management.

i set right with the explorer and this is working ok on
my samba. ( als 3.0.14a debian)

Louis