[Samba] Windows ACL modify ability?

Mike Partyka mpartyka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:59:59 GMT 2006

Your referring to POSIX ACL support in the kernel? I am not entirely sure
how to check for this in the standard precompliled kernel, and i believe
that support not to be common in most linux distro's so i would guess that,
POSIX ACL support is not enabled.

My understanding is that POSIX ACL support will get you a closer
approximation to windows ACL's,that is, finer grained control over the UNIX
permissions, but i think standard UNIX perms should be adequet.

That was my original question though, "Is POSIX ACL kernel support necessary
to perform ACL adjustments through a windows MMC?". It does not seem to be
from the documentation i have read but i was not certain which was why i
thought i would toss the question out to the mailing list.

Thanks again, Louis