[Samba] can't smbmount a Windows share

Ángel Galindo Muñoz agalindo at ub.edu
Tue Jan 3 08:52:11 GMT 2006

	Hi,

	don't know it you have been successfull, any way: There's no problem
with samba, when you mount a share, you have to assign a local uid and
gid to link theese files to your local filesystem.

	"mount" accepts the options "uid=localUsername,gid=localGroupname" ,
surely also "smbmount" can.

	And also take care that theese is also related with the "unix
extensions" parameter in "smb.conf". You just have to do some "man
smb.conf" and maybe "man mount" and "ls -d /mnt/share" and you will got
it working.

	Best regards,

--
Angel Galindo Muñoz