[Samba] Problems with XP clients and profiles

Karl Banasky karl at heatcon.com
Mon Jan 2 22:30:38 GMT 2006

  I thought this had to do with the machine and user ID number (SID)
  related to the Domain server. If you do a "pdbedit -Lv -u username" you
  will see the SID numbers for that user. I would check and see that the
  first set of numbers related to the domain or workgroup (I think) match.
  I ran in to a similar problem before and I thought that is what I read
  was my problem.
  Hard subject to research if I remember correctly.
  Karl-