[Samba] SAMBA write error on SUSE 10.0

LLLActive at GMX.Net LLLActive at GMX.Net
Mon Jan 2 15:35:18 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I use SAMBA 3.0.13-1.1-SUSE on a SuSE 9.3 Pro boxed version.

Has anything changed w.r.t SuSE 9.3's SUSE 10.0 Samba versions? I use
the same setup in swat. Ver. 3.0.20b-3.1 (or 3.0.20-4) does not behave
the way it should.

PROBLEM 1:

Last week I installed SUSE 10.0 boxed version with its SAMBA version
3.0.20-4 (Updated by YOU to 3.0.20b-3.1-SUSE), on a x86_64 System. All
works, but with one major problem.

Users can log in and see their files. New M$-Windows files and
directories can be created. The just created new M$-files, including all
older M$-files, can afterwards not be edited. An error is delivered that
the user does not have access rights with "Access denied". To try to get
access, I used one User's account and tried to allow all access from
Linux (chown -R user:group [User's directory] & chmod -R 777 [User's
directory]) and Samba's (Share with rw) side. I used SWAT for the
config. With a text editor in Linux I can change text files. In
openOffice Writer, I must supply a password for 'WORKGROUP', even though
the workgroup is set to ZYX

PROBLEM 2:

I noticed that the link to the documents from localhost:901 (SWAT) is
faulty in SUSE 10.0. Where can it be set? Where is
http://localhost:901/swat/help/... linked to? It is not in the normal
Apache www directory /srv/www.

#######################

My smb.conf file:
****************

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2006/01/02 15:33:56

[global]
	workgroup = ZYX
	netbios name = ZYX-SERVER
	server string = ZYX Server
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine //
			-d /var/lib/nobody -s /bin/false %m$
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	wins support = Yes
	cups options = raw

[data]
	comment = All Users
	path = /home/user1/Samba/Export/Data
	read only = No
	inherit permissions = Yes
	inherit acls = Yes
	guest ok = Yes
	case sensitive = No
	veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
	msdfs proxy = no

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	valid users = %S