[Samba] Samba Invalid user not working

Chris smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Tue Feb 28 19:25:19 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 14:14, updatemyself . wrote:
> in man page of smb.conf says...
> This is a list of users that should not be allowed to login to this
> service.

Yes.

> If a username is in both (invalid users & valid users) list, then
> access is  denied for that user.

Not so clear, as it doesn't say that in the man page. Why not remove the
users from the valid group? Just make another group that contains
everyone for other shares.

Also, when an item is specified twice, usually the last one specified
overrides the previous one. Such as:

read only = no
read only = yes

...on a share will make it read only.

So you might try placing the invalid users line after the valid users
line. No guarantees, but it may be worth a shot. Personally I would add
a group and adjust their memberships.

Chris