[Samba] Samba Invalid user not working

updatemyself . updatemyself at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 19:14:42 GMT 2006

Thanks for ur information...

but my doubt is.. if we can restrict it with groups..
whats the usage of "invalid users" i am not getting its point...

i understand the problem clearly.....
this is because.. my servers volumes are GPFS volume...
and 6 samba server is connected to this volumes total 12TB
in GPFS if i set permission through one folder of file.. its will be same in
other servers also..
so with this point i cant able to stop rush and render only in one server
among this six...

in man page of smb.conf says...
This is a list of users that should not be allowed to login to this service.

If a username is in both (invalid users & valid users) list, then access
is  denied for that user.

so i am not sure.. its happening.. may be a kinda BUG...
if its blocking the service wise.. if an invalid user is trying to access
the share it will be blocked.. (not depends on group permission)

Thanks You in Advance
jerrynikky.