[Samba] Samba-Client questions: SMB-blocksize and caching

Pleyer pleyer at rbt-nbg.de
Tue Feb 28 14:18:59 GMT 2006

Dear Samba-Users,

could you please help me with the following two questions:

1. How can I increase the maximum SMB-blocksize from currently 4 KByte to
the "regular" 64 KByte with my Red Hat Samba-Client (The server is already
configured to 64 KByte and with a Windows-client this SMB-blocksize can be
used.)

2. How can I deactivate the buffer on the SMB-client, so that the same file
is always transfered with the same rate - even if it just has been read.

I have Red Hat Linux release 7.2 Kernel 2.4.18-86np on an i686.
But even if you could give me just some general hints, I would be very
pleased!

Thank you very much
Claus