[Samba] klist reports no tickets cached

Richard Santiago rsantiago at rcm.upr.edu
Mon Feb 27 17:59:54 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm a newbie with Samba but believe me prior to posting to the list I have read almost everything out there and still don't get my issue solved.  I have also re-installed Samba but still no luck.

I have Samba 3.0.21b installed and had it working for a day.  I've installed it using security = ads with winbind and everything was smooth except when I started configuring PAM so that I can automatically create the user's info on the Linux box running Samba when he uses the Samba share for the first time.  This is going to be a file server with the home directories of the AD users [ /home/DOMAIN/user].  As recommended, I backed up the /etc/pam.d directory prior to modifying some files in it so I restored it but still doesn't work.

These are the errors I get when testing the connection to the AD:

[root at smb samba]# klist

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0

Default principal: Administrator at MYDOMAIN

02/23/06 16:21:00  02/24/06 02:21:03  krbtgt/MYDOMAIN at MYDOMAIN

        renew until 02/24/06 16:21:00

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0

klist: You have no tickets cached

[root at smb samba]# wbinfo -u

Error looking up domain users

[root at smb samba]# wbinfo -g

Error looking up domain groups

[root at smb samba]# wbinfo -t

checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed

error code was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc0000022)

Could not check secret

The following works fine:

[root at smb samba]# net ads info

LDAP server: 10.50.0.190

LDAP server name: rcmroot1

Realm: RCM.UPR.EDU

Bind Path: dc=RCM,dc=UPR,dc=EDU

LDAP port: 389

Server time: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:56:33 VET

KDC server: 10.50.0.190

Server time offset: 0

[root at smb samba]# net rpc info

Domain Name: MYDOMAIN

Domain SID: S-1-5-21-4214176146-1751683361-2990660170

Sequence number: 1345

Num users: 4786

Num domain groups: 56

Num local groups: 274

Do you have any ideas on how I can solve my issue?.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Richard Santiago

OSI - Administración de Sistemas