[Samba] NTUSER.DAT, user's settings

Ludwig Meyerhoff ludwig.meyerhoff at tu-harburg.de
Mon Feb 27 16:44:05 GMT 2006

Hallo!

I have reinstalled the server, specially the Samba PDC.
I copied all the data back and the system seemed to work. People were
able to log on and had the drives mapped.

Now, at the day "0" after reinstall, the users cannot work. The user's
settings on the "Windows 2k Professional" machines are not adopted. They
all have their desktops and own documents, but the keyboard settings and
outlook-express settings are not taken from the profile.

I think it has to do with the users having new SIDs (as the PDC and the
domain itself have changed).

I am now DESPERATELY trying to get the user settings to work ...    any
hint?

Saluti!

Ludwig