[Samba] link error in libmsrpc

Amir Goldor amir73il at users.sf.net
Mon Feb 27 17:07:05 GMT 2006

Hi,

I was trying to use libmsrpc that comes with release 3.0.21b
and the example programs regkey* that come with it.

first of all, in the link stage I get an error that smbc_attr_server
is an unresolved symbol in libmsrpc.c, which is true, because its a
static function in libsmbclient.c.

after I chaged smbc_attr_server function to be non-static everything links.

besides the link error, the function call always fails in my tests
(errno==ENOTSUP) and I am wandering if this has anything to do with
the changes I made.

the remote XP machine I am connecting to shows successful login
entries in the event viewer.

I'll appreciate some help,
thanks,
Amir.