[Samba] Authenticating to AD with usernames containing dots

John Boothe john.boothe at barrow.k12.ga.us
Mon Feb 27 15:07:01 GMT 2006

Does *anyone* have info on how I can authenticate to Active Directory using dotted usernames from a Linux machine?  I'm running Fedora Core 4 with samba-3.0.14a-2, and when I mount a share using a "normal" (dot-free) username everything works fine.  My situation sounds pretty much exactly like the following, but there's no response:

 http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2002-November/055397.html

 I'll post logs and such if needed, but it's pretty much the standard error of "7721: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)"  I've tried the syntax "{DOMAIN}+{username}" and commenting out the dot, both to no avail.

Seems I wouldn't be the only person having this issue, but I can't find information *anywhere.*  HELP!