[Samba] Samba 3 by Example - chapter 5 & 6 ( Manager -> sambaadmin)

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Feb 27 07:08:29 GMT 2006

adrian sender wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Gordon, I do not think that is the issue; I have tried what you said but
> still get the same error.
>
> Remember I have a SDC or BDC that uses updateuser; the ldif I add for
> that uses plain text passwords and works perfectly.

I see... Your original message indicated that you had an "updateuser" in
the database, but didn't indicate that you were actually using it for
anything.

I'm still guessing that this is an LDAP issue, and not a samba one.

Are you able to perform a search with the sambaadmin user, or the
updateuser user, using the ldapsearch command line?  Try both of these,
and make sure that sambaadmin is not the rootdn specified in your
slapd.conf:

ldapsearch -x -D "cn=sambaadmin,dc=ddesign,dc=com" -W uid=sambaadmin

ldapsearch -x -D "cn=updateuser,dc=ddesign,dc=com" -W uid=sambaadmin