[Samba] samba 3.0.21c Installation error "client/smbmnt.c:296: undefined reference to `swrap_close'"

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 06:00:19 GMT 2006

Hi jerry

I have gone through the installation of samba 3.0.21c , and as you suggested

i did not include --enable-socket-wrapper , i have done this installation
directly
on to my domain server, and configured as PDC.
i have some queries regarding client authenticating as PDC.

when windows clients joins to the domain i see in /var/log/messages of my
PDC
the following messages

1 ."_net_auth2: creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from
client COMP1, machine acoount COMP1$ "

2 .smbd api_samr_set_userinfo unable to marshall SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO.

3. _net_sam_logon: creds_server_setup failed Rejecting auth request from
client COMP1 machine"

what do the above errors suggest.
these error come even when client authenticates successfully
error no.2 comes when client authenticates for First time to domain.
and error 1 & 3 appears everytime client authenticates to domain.

Regards
Niranjan

I don't live in perfect world