[Samba] Change Domain SID

M P aksharpith4u at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 17:50:47 GMT 2006

>Did you actually use 'SID'?

  Yes, I have used specific SID string ( S-1-5-21..) with "net selocalsid" command. -

  "net setlocalsid S-1-5-21-XXX...."

  This command has changed the localhostsid ( Linux host id). However, I want to change the Samba domain SID. How do I achieve this? - I don't use ldap.

  Please assist. Your input would be highly appreciated.

  Thanks,
  M P

Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> wrote:
  M P wrote:
> Is there a way to change SAMBA Domain SID?
>
> My SAMBA PDC Server hard drive crashed. I have created a new install
> with new Samba PDC Server. I know my old Domain SID. Is there a way to
> change the New Domain SID to original SID?
>
> I have read losts of thread here. I have tried "net setlocalsid SID"

Did you actually use 'SID'?

You have to enter the precise domain SID string, that begins with
S-1-5-21...

If you don't have the actual SID, then I'm not sure what you can do...