[Samba] 'inaccessible' via windows client

Steve Monteiro steve at viewplus.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 09:56:33 GMT 2006

Please help I'm in despair having spent the last few days trying to
resolve an issue with my Samba setup.

I have 2 shares defined in my smb.conf.  The first share is located
on my primary disk (partion 1).  No problem with this one (I can
copy files to/from my Windows XP pcs).

I added a second disk (250gb sata) and for now created 1 big ext3
partition.  The second share is mounted on this partition.  I can
read/write from my Fedora 4 linux box so I know partition is ok.

>From my Windows XP pc I see both shares but when I double-click on
the second share which is mounted on my second disk I get a 'folder
is not accessible message'.  If I tail my samba log file I see the
message 'smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(615)' directory does
not exist or is not a directory'

I've be surfing for a solution and now am at my wits end.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Steve