[Samba] Public shares in FC4 (update)

Don Meyer dlmeyer at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 24 22:54:36 GMT 2006

[Caveat:  My systems are mostly RHEL4 based, I don't have a FC4
system handy to verify paths & package names.  But they should be
somewhat close...]

First, you need to identify what the problem is:  If you cannot find
the AVC errors reported in your syslog, and decifer them to know how
to fix them manually, the easiest method is to run the following
utility command:

         audit2allow -i /var/log/messages

This will run the audit2allow utility against the current syslog
file, which I'm assuming will contain the AVC errors generated by
your problem.   (If log rotation has occurred since the errors,
simply run the command against /var/log/messages.1 .)

The output from this command needs to be added to (create if
necessary) the file:

         /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/domains/misc/local.te

(If the "src" directory is missing under /etc/selinux/targeted/, you
may need to install the selinux-policy-targeted-source package.)

When you've finished editing local.te, cd to the "policy" level, and
execute this command:

         cd /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/
         make load

After this, you can try your system to see if the error is still being thrown.

Cheers,
-D