[Samba] Add printer driver difficulty

Mark Rutherford mark at maunzelectronics.com
Fri Feb 24 17:14:06 GMT 2006

Hi everyone.

I am trying to upload the printer drivers to the Samba domain controller.
I an logging in as root, and I browse to the printer, select
properties.. etc.
I get as far as seeing the files upload and then I am returned to the
printer dialog.
If I hit either 'Ok' or 'Apply' I get an access denied or 'the operation
could not be completed'

I then check the logs for the machine that I am using (in this case
log.mark) I do not see anything about it
I do see the file uploads in the log.
log.smbd and log.nmbd do not yield any clues either.

configuratiuon settings:

[print$]
	comment = Printer Drivers
	path = /var/lib/samba/printers
	admin users = root, Administrator
	write list = root, @ntadmin
	force group = root
	create mask = 0664
	directory mask = 0775

and the directory is ..
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  48 Feb 24 11:54 drivers

I also have these set for logging:
	log level = 2
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 50000