[Samba] Confused about groups and access

David Shapiro David.Shapiro at bcbsnc.com
Fri Feb 24 14:59:22 GMT 2006

Unfortunately, aix does not have getent command.

You have 'winbind nested groups = yes' (I know this is
  obvious).    YES

* Does 'id username' show the correct listing of groups?
only after I log into the box as the user and then do an su to that
user as an extra step do I see all the groups.  before that, all I see
is domain users.

* Does `getent group ntcdw` return the group info?
* Does `getent group $gid_ntcdw` return the group info?
  ($gid_ntcdw is the numeric gid of ntcdw).

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead
919-765-2011

>>> "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> 2/24/2006 9:47 AM >>>