[Samba] Samba 3.0.21b "krb5_cc_remove_cred failed"

Thomas Limoncelli limoncelli at web.de
Fri Feb 24 13:12:47 GMT 2006

With the same environment/config as described in the "Samba 3.0.21b
winbind crash" thread

   http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-February/118057.html

I've ran into the next issue (now that I have a clean
winbindd_cache.tdb). The primary domain XXX that Samba/winbind is a
domain member server of has a two-way trust with domain ZZZ. However,
there seems to be a problem:

myserver# wbinfo --sequence
ZZZ : DISCONNECTED
MYSERVER : 1140786460
BUILTIN : 1140786460
XXX : 1340490

For the "disconnected" domain ZZZ winbind logs consistently (in
/var/log/samba/log.wb-ZZZ):

[2006/02/23 12:29:05, 1] libsmb/clikrb5.c:ads_cleanup_expired_creds(437)
   ads_cleanup_expired_creds: krb5_cc_remove_cred failed, err Ccache
function not supported: not implemented

(and nothing else although log level for wonbind is 10). May this error
be the reason for the domain being reported as disconnected or is this
just a non-fatal warning? What else shall I check?

myserver# rpm -q krb5
krb5-1.4-16.4

Feedback highly appreciated.

-TL