[Samba] Passwords complexity with smbldap-passwd

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:24:53 GMT 2006

Hi all

I have samba PDC (3.0.21) with openldap 2.2.13 on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.

All my windows clients (2000 Professional, and xp)  .
Using pdbedit we can set policies, we have made passwords to be 8 characters
and password history to be 4,
is there any way we can add password complexity , ie when user changes his
password
we can make him add alphanumeric, characters and capital Letter also.
ie now user types in any 8 letter dictionary words,
is there any way in samba where we can set Password complexity.

Please help me out
Regards
Niranjan