[Samba] Backup Servers

Ian Barnes ian at cerebellum.za.net
Wed Feb 22 17:04:21 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am using a patch that Jerry wrote that will auto discover any secondary
servers on your network and if the one its joined to dies, it will join
another one. That's fine, I can join and everything works fine, until I
unplug the server im joined to. It takes a few minutes to kill over, and
once its detected that its dead, it swaps over and I get this if I then try
wbinfo -a username%pass:

plaintext password authentication failed

error code was NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT (0xc000018b)

error messsage was: No trusted SAM account

Could not authenticate user Administrator%password with plaintext password

challenge/response password authentication failed

error code was NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT (0xc000018b)

error messsage was: No trusted SAM account

Could not authenticate user Administrator with challenge/response

Any ideas as to why this happens when it fails over? I can logon to both
servers individually and everything works fine if they are both up, only if
one dies, does this happen.

Thanks

Ian