[Samba] Re: Re: Name resolution problem

Steve samba.news at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:34:49 GMT 2006

"Chris" <smb23 at realcomputerguy.com> wrote in message
news:200602231236.50476.smb23 at realcomputerguy.com...
> On Thursday 23 February 2006 12:25, Steve wrote:
>>  I have
>> my server set at 255, could this be the problem?
>
> I don't know. Although in the back of my mind I remember seeing another
> thread where there were some problems and "os level = 255" was present.
>
> Chris
> --

Chris,

It appears as though I have everything back to normal!

I shut down every computer and printer on the network.
I stopped all the Samba services.
Then I deleted the wins.dat file as you suggested.
I also renamed the gencache.tdb because it had a refrence to each offending
ip address.
I then restarted Samba and each computer/printer on the network one at a
time checking
for a recurrance of the error. It has not yet returned.
I have re-booted each system and so far so good!!

Thank you for taking the time to help me today. Without your help I would no
doubt still
be floundering here looking for the answer.

Steve