[Samba] permission denied accessing directories - groupmap - please help

David Shapiro David.Shapiro at bcbsnc.com
Thu Feb 23 23:51:40 GMT 2006

Hello,

User can ssh into the box fine, but the directories I groupmapped are
not translating (maybe they are not supposed to?)

I have, for example, a share called Share_Dfsroot_pvcs-cdw_C that I
used net groupmap to map to a unix directory called cdw.  I set the
group id to match what Share_Dfsroot_pvcs_cdw_C uses in /etc/group.  I
chgrp cdw on a directory.  When the user logs into the server, the
directories get translated back to Share_Dfsroot_pvcs_cdw_C, which I see
when I run ls -la as the user (it actually shows just the first 8
characters).  Wasn't groupmap supposed to map the group name to cdw?  I
sure could use some help on this soon if at all possible.

David

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead
919-765-2011