[Samba] Auto-reconnect samba mount

Tristan Miller psychonaut at nothingisreal.com
Thu Feb 23 23:38:11 GMT 2006

Greetings.

Our office has a couple Windows XP machines and a GNU/Linux machine; the
latter connects to the former via a Samba mount in /etc/fstab.  However,
I've noticed that if the XP machines are rebooted (as they sometimes are
following software upgrades, etc.), the Samba connection is not
reestablished.  I need to manually umount and then re-mount the XP
filesystems.

Is there any way of making Samba periodically try to reestablish broken
connections?  I didn't see anything in the smbfs man page.

Regards,
Tristan

--
   _
  _V.-o  Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)]  ><  Space is limited