[Samba] Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect

Richard Verdugo richverdugo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:16:52 GMT 2006

Hi,
I'm using FC3 with samba 3.0 trying to be part of a Windows 2000 AD.
When I try to access a samba share it gives me: Logon Failure: The target
account name is incorrect

The Active Directory domain for our small inhouse private network is
MBB.COM, we have our own nameservers that list the samba server in our
company domain, which is epublishers.com. So to reach the samba server we
would go to sambaserver.epublishers.com for example.

Does this look right, or is it possible that the 2 different domain names
are somehow causing a conflict?

thank you.