[Samba] Samba 3.0.21b / Security = Server / Windows 2003 or XP clients / AIX 5.3 = Problems...

Lamar.Saxon at americredit.com Lamar.Saxon at americredit.com
Thu Feb 23 17:55:44 GMT 2006

Wondering if any one has seen the following issues with Samba 3.0.21b
with Windows XP and 2003 clients:

[2006/02/23 11:47:58, 1] libsmb/ntlmssp.c:ntlmssp_update(252)
  Failed to parse NTLMSSP packet, could not extract NTLMSSP command
[2006/02/23 11:47:58, 1] libsmb/ntlmssp.c:ntlmssp_update(252)
  Failed to parse NTLMSSP packet, could not extract NTLMSSP command

Client logs are full of these messages.  Seems to only affect 2003 and
XP clients since I upgraded to 3.0.21b since my Windows 2000 clients are
connecting with no issues.  I could connect with the same smb.conf file
with no issues on 3.0.20b; but was having a problem with 2003 servers
connecting to Samba.

I have seen other messages; but mainly with winbindd which I am not
using...  Before I post debug information, I wanted to make sure it was
not a simple fix I was missing.  Searched BugZilla; but now posting to
the group...

Thanks !

Lamar Saxon
Lamar.Saxon at americredit.com

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.