[Samba] Samba domain groups

"Bjørn Fahnøe" bf at bf-data.dk
Thu Feb 23 16:08:19 GMT 2006

Den 23-02-2006 kl 10:53 skrev Chris:

>On Thursday 23 February 2006 10:33, Bjørn Fahnøe wrote:
>> Is it wrong? What can I do to correct?
>
>I've used "net groupmap cleanup" in the past with success.
>
>Chris
So what is the correct procedure?
1 Install the server
2 install Samba
3 do a net groupmap list
4 if there are several instances of the same groups do af net groupmap cleanup
5 hope it did the trick
6 do: net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins"  unixgroup=root
net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Users"   unixgroup=users
7 hope it works

I have installed the trial server several times bow before I will try to install to the production server
It's an educational process, but I think I am usíng a lot of time getting it to work.
Earlier I have only used simple servers without domainregistration of machines, logonscripts etc

I am used to a Novell server so its really hard work to have the Samba server provide the same.
I am helping a small primary school to set up a network, as their earlier tries have been without much succes.
Bjørn