[Samba] XP to smb: won't log in as administrator

robert_s at emailme.net.au robert_s at emailme.net.au
Thu Feb 23 07:44:46 GMT 2006

We have a debian sarge box running in a small peer-to-peer network with
W2K and XP.  If I try to access a smb share from my XP box when I'm
logged in as administrator, I get prompted to log in as another user.
If I manually enter "administrator" and my password, it logs me in OK.
This is causing problems because commands like "net time" don't work
from my administrator account.

If I try to get to my smb shares from an W2K box as administrator, I
get logged in no problems.

Needless to say I have an account on my debian box called administrator
and the samba password matches my XP password.  I also have a valid user
on my debian box called administrator.

This is probably more of a Windows question, but I doubt that their
support is going to help me!