[Samba] samba + swat not working

travelondude at comcast.net travelondude at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 12:34:14 GMT 2006

First of all trying to get samba-3.0.14 working on FC4 (SELINUX on). smbd and nmbd running, but my user can't browse from W2K. I have a working samba-2.2.7 server on RH 8.0, users connect no problem.
The smb.conf file seems a little different and tried to use swat to configure. Tried to start and the /var/log/messages show:
xinetd[1694]: bind failed (Address already in use (errno = 98)). service = swat
Issues are starting to snowball now. I am more concerned with getting samba working but would like to know what's wrong with swat.
I started with a minimal smb.conf file:

[global]
workgroup = work
security = USER