[Samba] How to control who can log into the samba box

David Shapiro David.Shapiro at bcbsnc.com
Tue Feb 21 18:00:04 GMT 2006

Do you have an example of the hide/veto option you used and sshd_config
mod you did to do this?

David

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead
919-765-2011

David Shapiro wrote:

> I have samba set up using winbind so that I can ssh into the box
with
> my DOMAIN\mylogin.  That's great...kind of.  How do  I control which
> users can login to the box?

I usually do that by reconfiguring sshd for key-only authentication
(that is, disable password based auth).  Configure samba to hide or
veto
the ssh authorized_keys file, and you alone will have access to add
keys
for the users to whom you want to grant login privileges.