[Samba] unknown interface | win 2k server

Augusto Flavio aflavio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:23:24 GMT 2006

Hi,

I implemented a samba(3.0.14a-Debian) server here on
my network. But i'm having problems with 2 stations.
One is a win2k(profissional) and the other is a win 2k
server (working like a station).

When i tried join in a domain using the
win2k(profissional) i receive the msg:

unknown interface

The strange is that it is happening only with this
win2k station. I have others stations with the same OS
and is working fine.

What i do to fix this error?

The second problem is with a win2k server that is
working like a station.

The machine joins with no problems in the domain. But
the all users of the domain don`t have permission to
shutdown, restart and any other operation that a
"administrator" have.

Look this text that i found on samba.org(how to):

"When a Windows NT4 (or later) client joins a domain,
the domain global Domain Admins group is added to the
membership of the local Administrators group on the
client. Any user who is a member of the domain global
Domain Admins group will have administrative rights on
the Windows client." (chapter 14. What Rights and
Privileges Will Permit Windows Client Administration?)

What i need to do for the users of samba(smbpasswd)
have permission of a local administrator?

I tried find the answer on samba channel of server
freenode but i not have successeful.

How i fix this 2 problems?

ps.: My configuration of samba can be found on:
www.smartlinks.com.br/smb.conf

thanks for all

Augusto Morais