[Samba] help, we are running out of idmap uids

Hans B. Randgaard HBR at maerskoil.com
Tue Feb 21 12:22:35 GMT 2006

Dear Samba experts,

Initially we set up winbind to the following:

        idmap uid = 10000-20000

thinking that 10000 uids were sufficient

for the number of users we would get.

We also have defined our UNIX users

from 20001 onwards.

However, now I can see that our latest

windows(idmap uid) users has uid 19123

and this troubles me.

Since I cannot just "extend" the range to

be say 10000-30000 because of our UNIX

UIDs, I would like to ask if it is possible to

define 2 ranges like:

     idmap uid = 10000-20000,30000-40000

I noticed that winbind will not automatically

remove UIDs not used. For instance when

a windows user is deleted. Is there a way

to do this manually ?

And will winbind then use the "unused" UIDs ?

Kind regards, Hans.

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the system manager at helpdesk at maerskoil.com.

This e-mail and its contents do not constitute and shall not be
considered as a financial commitment of Maersk Olie og Gas AS
and its affiliates.
Maersk Olie og Gas AS expressly disclaims any responsibility
as to the accuracy and use of this e-mail and its contents.