[Samba] Samba PDC/LDAP not mapping "logon drive"

Kurt Weiss maillists at kwnet.at
Tue Feb 21 11:06:40 GMT 2006

hello jeff

Jeff Wiegley schrieb:

> Everything seems to be working fine except for
>  1) roaming profiles, and
>  2) User's home directory (logon drive) doesn't get mapped during
>       log in.
>
> So basically I can log in to the workstation. My user can even
> see their home directory shares (via the [homes] share) but
> it doesn't get mapped automatically as drive E: (or any other
> drive letter) when they log on.

my experience showed, that not all windows clients automatically map the
drive.
workaround: use "net use e: /HOME" in your logon script.

roaming profiles:
- please check, if your client is a correct member of the domain.
- check unix rights of the filesystem.
profiles needs
profile acls = yes
we're using following entries for the [profile] section:

    csc policy = disable
    browsable = no
    profile acls = yes
    path = /var/smbdata/profiles