[Samba] Samba LDAP PDC BDC quit working

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 05:40:24 GMT 2006

Hi Craig

Thanks for replying, The samba PDC gets rebooted because of Power outage, at
night times.
After the system gets rebooted,
Scenario -01
1. Either some times the ldap gets hanged, (2.2.13) may be because of
inconsistency.
2. since ldap hangs, samba doesn't come up properly.
3. so i run db_recover and try to start the ldap service and then samba

Scenario-02
if LDAP doesn't hang, and samba comes up nicely, the computer had to rejoin.

but in my ldapdatabase, in OU=Computers, all the computer accounts exist.
with
rid and Object class intact.
but some how i don't know why i have to rejoin,

Scenario-03.
I take the regular backup of LDAP, to LDIF file, and restore with latest
LDIF file,
eventhough i don't get the Computer Accounts and also i lose user 's
passwords,
After restoring from LDIF file.

Scenario-04
If i do safe reboot or shutdown, there 's no problem , the server works
properly without any
problem

Regards
Niranjan