[Samba] Easy one...

Travis Bullock tbullock at avmaxgrp.com
Mon Feb 20 16:59:42 GMT 2006

Hey everyone. I think I have an easy one here. I am running Samba 3.0.3-5 on
a Fedora Core 3 using Winbind to pull account information from a NT4 PDC.

Situation:

[Test_User]

   comment = User Share

   browseable = yes

   writeable = yes

   read  only = no

   create mode = 0664

   directory mode = 0775

   path = /usr/avmax_shares/Test

This configuration of the share in the smb.conf file works great. I just
figured this out. It used to look like this:

[Test_User]

   comment = User Share

   browseable = yes

   writeable = yes

   read  only = no

   create mode = 0664

   directory mode = 0775

   path = /usr/avmax_shares/Users/Test

Notice the only thing different is the 'path'.

I noticed this because NONE of my shares in the /usr/Avmax_shares/Users/*
directory work. So I moved this Test_Users up one level in the 'path' and
voila it works.

Any ideas? I have searched the smb.conf parameters to see if there was a
restriction on how many levels of directory samba will drill down but cannot
see it.

Cheers,

Travis