[Samba] How to control who can log into the samba box

David Shapiro David.Shapiro at bcbsnc.com
Mon Feb 20 20:28:40 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have samba set up using winbind so that I can ssh into the box with
my DOMAIN\mylogin.  That's great...kind of.  How do  I control which
users can login to the box?  As it stands now, all users in DOMAIN can
log in, which is not desireable.  Do I need to map domain groups to unix
groups? Do I need to map domain users to the box some how?  Even if I do
that, how do I then set it up so some users can log into the server and
others cannot?

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead
919-765-2011