[Samba] Samba 3 by Example - chapter 5 & 6 ( Manager -> sambaadmin)

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Feb 20 18:20:58 GMT 2006

adrian sender wrote:
> Hi gordon, I don't think that is the issue here because I am able to use
> "Manager" ldif with plain text passwords.

Yeah... I don't think you are.  According to your account, you're only
able to use Manager or sambaadmin when it's the rootdn in the openldap
configuration file.  In that case, the plain text password from the
configuration file, and not the password in the directory, is used.

Try crypt()ing the password, and see if that allows you to bind as the
sambaadmin user, without specifying that account as the rootdn.