[Samba] 3 simple questions

Mon Feb 20 14:17:23 GMT 2006

> 1. I would like to have an include statement pointing to user
> configurations.  For a user, say 'mike', the following works:
>
>    include = /home/mike/smb.conf
>
> But this does not:
>
>    include = /home/%u/smb.conf

I'm by no means an expert, but I would try:

include = %H/smb.conf

According to the manpage, you cannot use the %u variable:

include (G)

     This allows you to include one config file inside another. The file
is included literally, as though typed in place.

     It takes the standard substitutions, except %u, %P and %S.

     Default: include =

     Example: include = /usr/local/samba/lib/admin_smb.conf

--

Best regards,

Charles