[Samba] Re: Samba 3 + Exchange 5.5

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Feb 20 10:52:31 GMT 2006

Lars Boegild Thomsen schrieb:
> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>

>> Lars Boegild Thomsen schrieb:
>>
>>> have one "unknown".  The company mail run on an Exchange server that is
>>> most likely part of the NT4 network.  Has anybody tried this setup?  I
>>> did look in documentation and google and found precious little - which to
>>> me indicates that it might not be a problem at all (or nobody is running
>>> Exchange).
>>>
>> you should have no problem with samba 3  and exchange 5.5
>>

> It should be noted that I have absolutely zero experience with Exchange.
> Would it be possible to configure this setup so Exchange automatically
> create email accounts to valid and active users in the network - or would
> they have to be manually created on the Exchange server.

If you have no

experience

  with exchange you shouldnt touch or use it ( my opinion ), samba is
accting as nt4 server , so if you migrate the accounts
from the old nt server to samba in the right way ( see samba migration
faqs ) you should not go into trouble with exchange
and all stuff would work as before
Regards