[Samba] Error "The remote procedure call was cancelled"

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 11:19:03 GMT 2006

Hi all

I have samba 3.0.21, with openldap version 2.2.13 ,  samba being integrated
with ldap, as PDC.
I have another member server (Linux system) with samba version 3.0.21. The
name of the server is "prjsrv01", where i have the users home directories.

All the user after login get their X: drive mapped with their home
directory.

all my clients are windows 2000 professional joined to the domain.
i have created users and groups,

there are some users who are members of more than 50 groups. but their
primary group is "Domain users". when the user is trying to logon from
windows 2000 professional, the following error comes

"The system cannot log on due to the following error:
 The remote procedure call was cancelled.
Please try again or consult your system administrator"

The above  error comes for users who are member of more than 50 groups, if
the user is member of less groups, the user logins perfectly.

In my PDC samba log messages, in "prjsrv01.log" (prjsrv01 is the member
server where user home directories are stored)
 i get the following error:
 glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x09b0e3c8
 glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x094d2fc0

please guide me

Regards
Niranjan