[Samba] domain member with LDAP nss

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sat Feb 18 00:34:10 GMT 2006

I think I'm getting a better idea of what's required for this... One
thing that I've noticed is that since my user and group management tools
already store the sambaSID attributes in the user/group entries, along
with uidNumber/gidNumber, all that I need to do to make these entries
valid for winbind is add the sambaIdmapEntry objectclass.

Now, in theory my directory is a complete database, usable by winbind
for its idmap functions.  However, winbind still seems to require an
admin dn and password to be saved locally.  I'd really rather that
winbind treat the directory as a read-only repository of data.  Is that
possible?